All Phases Before and After Hair Transplantation
Although hair transplantation is very important for the patient in terms of money, it is often not regarded as important as other aesthetic operations. The most important causes of this negligence are some mistakes and important deficiencies made before hair transplantation.
In order to achieve the desired results, we should remind you again:
Preliminary Research Before Consulting
People who decide to get hair transplantation should first research the hair transplantation centers in the market and should not decide without consulting to a few clinics. During these visits, you can come across to some clinics that make false promises to win the customer, exaggerate aspects of the organization and service which are in fact absent, charge more than necessary, and similar situations. This stage is of high importance. You should proceed by asking important questions and ensure yourself. Because serious financial, aesthetic and time issues may occur.
When Does the Scab Fall Off After Hair Transplantation?
2-3 days after the operation, your scalp is washed at the hair transplantation clinic. This wash substantially reduces the scabs. Scabs last nearly 10 days and can be overcome with the help of your doctor.
When Does the Hair Start Growing?
After the end of the hair transplantation and healing process, the transplanted hair begins growing. This corresponds to a time between 2.5 to 4 months. However, it takes approximately one year for the desired natural hair state to form. Duration of this stage depends on the hair structure, but also on environmental factors and whether or not the doctor’s post-operative recommendations are followed.
Hair Transplantation Postoperative Instructions
- Implant Area Should Be Protected: There must be no contact to the surgical site during the first 48 hours after hair transplantation. You can wear a hat to hide the implant area. The top of the hat must be hard, not touching the implant area. The implant area should always be contactless.
- About Sleep: When sleeping at night, the plantation area should never touch any object, such as the pillow or headboard. A small and hard pillow should be preferred to ensure this. It is okay to lie on your back, the donor area, which is generally the nape. But lying on the stomach should be avoided for two weeks.
- Zippered or Buttoned Outerwear Should Be Preferred: Easy to wear clothes should be preferred. Tight clothing such as turtlenecks and t-shirts should be avoided for two weeks. Any impact to your hair transplant area can cause you to lose the hair follicles in that area.
- Be Careful About Sports and Care Activities Bath, sauna, sports activities, solarium, swimming and hair cut are not allowed for two weeks. These activities can increase the risk of infection and may damage your hair follicles.
- You Should Wait to Get a Haircut: You can cut your hair at least 15 days after the operation. But provided that it is not scratched. You can get any hairstyle you wish after 45 days.
- Be Careful Not to Get Any Water Onto the Implant Area: Water should not touch the transplant area for 48 hours after the operation.
- First wash should be done after 48 hours. Your doctor will do this washing. Also, you should never use towels to dry your hair. Instead, use hairdryer.
- Be Careful With Sports Activity: If you are engaged in sports (boxing, wrestling, basketball, football, martial arts, etc.) in which you may take blows to the head area, take a break for at least 45 days.
- Be Careful While Travelling: If you have to leave after the operation, you should use an inflatable pillow to support your nape area. You should avoid contact with windows or other surfaces of the implant area.
- Use of Medication and Care Products: You should not take aspirin for 2 weeks after the operation. Also, it would be best to stay away from food supplements that may dilute the blood such as vitamin E, ginseng, ginkgo biloba, etc. Also, medication such as painkillers or antibiotics should only be prescribed by your doctor.